Addison Courtney Gumbert
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 200 lb.
- Debut September 15, 1888
- Final Game August 28, 1896
- Born October 10, 1867 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
- Died April 23, 1925 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
Ad Gumbert won 123 games in the majors and was also a good enough hitter that he played 38 games in the outfield. His Adjusted OPS as a hitter was 99.
The front page of Sporting Life, August 21, 1889, featured a drawing of Gumbert's face, and called him "The Noted Young Pitcher of the Chicago Club".
Sporting Life of December 14, 1907 reported that he was sheriff of Allegheny County (an elected position) and was favored to become the next mayor of Pittsburgh, PA although the mayor's job paid less than that of sheriff. Sporting Life of May 30, 1914 mentioned him as still sheriff.
- 20 Wins Seasons: 2 (1890 & 1892)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 6 (1889-1892, 1894 & 1895)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1892)