Barton Arvin Shirley
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 183 lb.
- School University of Texas at Austin
- High School W.B. Ray High School
- Debut September 14, 1964
- Final Game September 29, 1968
- Born January 4, 1940 in Corpus Christi, TX USA
In the majors, he played all but six of his games with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Those games came with the New York Mets in 1967, after he had been taken by them in the 1966 Rule V Draft; he failed to stick with the team, though, and was returned to L.A. on May 18th. Coming up in 1964, he had little chance of displacing either Maury Wills or Jim Gilliam but got 62 at-bats. In 1968 he had 83 at-bats, the most he would get in one season in the majors, but hit only .181 while the team as a whole hit .230.