William Edward Friel
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 165 lb.
- School Niagara University
- Debut May 3, 1901
- Final Game September 13, 1903
- Born April 1, 1876 in Renovo, PA USA
- Died December 24, 1959 in St. Louis, MO USA
Bill Friel played 283 games in the new American League in 1901-03. His brother Pat Friel, who was nearly a decade older, had played a decade earlier in the American Association, a major league at the time. Bill had a long minor league career, most notably spending parts of nine seasons with the Columbus Senators, some of which were as a player-manager.
Bill managed the Columbus Senators from 1909-1912 and St. Paul Apostles in 1913-1914. He was an umpire in the American Association from 1915 until May 1917 when he became manager of the Milwaukee Brewers.