William Russell Johnson
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 180 lb.
- High School Montclair (NJ) High School, Bloomfield Tech
- Debut April 22, 1943
- Final Game May 10, 1953
- Born August 30, 1918 in Montclair, NJ USA
- Died June 20, 2006 in Augusta, GA USA
Third baseman Billy Johnson reached the majors with the New York Yankees in 1943, hitting .280 with 94 RBIs. He missed the next two years while serving during World War II. Johnson entered the Merchant Marines in March 1944, then was inducted into the Army in September 1944 and was discharged in May 1946.
After the war, he returned to the Yankees and appeared in a total of four World Series with the club.
- AL All-Star (1947)
- Most Career Triples in World Series play (4) Tied with Tris Speaker and Tommy Leach
- Won four World Series with the New York Yankees (1943, 1947, 1949 & 1950)