- Win-Loss Record: 26-73 (.263)
- Ballparks: Ridgewood Park (Apr. 17-June 8, 1890), Long Island Grounds, Maspeth, New York (July 27 and Aug. 3, 1890)
The Brooklyn Gladiators were brought in as expansion team in the American Association to replace the Baltimore Orioles who had left to join the Atlantic Association. The Gladiators lasted until August 25th when they dropped out. Ironically the team was replaced by the Orioles, the same team the Gladiators replaced.
Sources and Further Reading
- Peter Filichia: Green Cathedrals: The Ultimate Celebrations of All 273 Major League and Negro League Ballparks Past and Present, Addison Wesley Publishing Company (March 1993)
- Scott Simkus: Outsider Baseball: The Weird World of Hardball on the Fringe, 1876–1950 Chicago Review Press, Mar 1, 2014
- James L. Terry: Long Before the Dodgers: Baseball in Brooklyn, McFarland, Jefferson, NC 2002. ISBN 978-0-7864-1229-7