Charlie Beamon (beamoch01)
Charles Alonzo Beamon Sr.
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 195 lb.
- High School McClymonds High School
- Debut September 26, 1956
- Final Game September 13, 1958
- Born December 25, 1934 in Oakland, CA USA
- Died May 3, 2016 in San Leandro, CA USA
"If there was ever a prospect, this kid is one." - Lefty O'Doul
The father of Charlie Beamon, Jr., Charlie Beamon attended McClymonds High School, where a number of other sports stars have attended. He pitched for the Oakland Oaks and Stockton Ports in 1955. At one point, he had 19 straight victories in the minors. In the majors with the Baltimore Orioles, he looked great in a cup of coffee in 1956, shutting out the New York Yankees, 1-0, at Memorial Stadium in his debut. He could not quite keep it up in 1957 and 1958, pitching professionally until 1961.