Dale Dudley Gear
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 165 lb.
- School Kansas State University, University of Kansas
- Debut August 15, 1896
- Final Game September 26, 1901
- Born February 2, 1872 in Lone Elm, KS USA
- Died September 23, 1951 in Topeka, KS USA
Dale Gear, a pitcher and outfielder, played in the majors in 1896-97 and 1901. He also played and managed many years in the minors, and was president of a number of minor leagues.
Gear was born in 1872 in Lone Elm, KS, 90 miles south of Kansas City. He attended the University of Kansas in 1893-96 and played both football and baseball in college. He pitched for the Kansas City team in both the 19th and 20th centuries and also was co-owner of the Kansas City club for a time. Later he lived in Topeka for many years.
In 1922 he was a manager at the Life O' Wheat Company.
- Manager Kansas City Cowboys, American Association 1902-1903
- Manager Kansas City Blues, American Association 1904
- Manager Little Rock Travelers, Southern Association 1905
- Manager Shreveport Pirates, Texas League 1908-1910
- Manager Austin Senators, Texas League 1911
- Manager Topeka Jayhawks, Western League 1912-1914
- President Southwestern League 1925-1926
- President Western League 1926-1935
- President Western Association 1927-1932