Daniel Joseph Petry
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 200 lb.
- High School El Dorado High School (Placentia)
- Debut July 8, 1979
- Final Game October 5, 1991
- Born November 13, 1958 in Palo Alto, CA USA
A competent pitcher who won 10 or more games with the Detroit Tigers for six straight seasons, Petry got nickname "Peaches" as an expansion of his last name. He currently coaches at Tiger fantasy camp. He won 19 games in 1983 and followed that with an 18-win season in 1984, when the Tigers won the American League pennant and defeated the San Diego Padres in the World Series. He followed that with a 15-win season in 1985, when he was also an All-Star for the only time of his career.
Dan's son Jeff Petry has played as a defenseman in the National Hockey League.
- AL All-Star (1985)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 4 (1982-1985)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 4 (1982-1985)
- Won a World Series with the Detroit Tigers in 1984
- Don Peterson: "Dan Petry", in Mark Pattison and David Raglin, ed.: Detroit Tigers 1984: What A Start! What A Finish!, SABR Publications, Phoenix, AZ, 2012, pp. 140-142. ISBN 978-1933599441