Douglas Lee Baker
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 165 lb.
- School Los Angeles Valley Junior College, Arizona State University
- High School Granada Hills High School
- Debut July 2, 1984
- Final Game April 12, 1990
- Born April 3, 1961 in Fullerton, CA USA
Infielder Doug Baker is the younger brother of third baseman Dave Baker. Little bro saw action in seven big league seasons, never playing more than 43 games in any season, logging his most extensive action as a contributor to the 1984 world champion Detroit Tigers. After his playing career, he worked as a scout for several organizations, including the Florida Marlins, Chicago White Sox and Atlanta Braves. Baker's World Series ring was later stolen and he had a replacement made. After the original was returned, he sold it on eBay .
- Richard Newhouse: "Doug Baker", in Mark Pattison and David Raglin, ed.: Detroit Tigers 1984: What A Start! What A Finish!, SABR Publications, Phoenix, AZ, 2012, pp. 42-45. ISBN 1933599448