America East Conference
(Redirected from ECAC North Atlantic Conference)
The America East Conference was established in 1979 as the ECAC North. The conference at that time consisted of 10 institutions and sponsored league competition only in men’s basketball. Men’s basketball remained the lone league sport until the 1988-89 academic year, when the North Atlantic Conference name was adopted. The conference changed its name to America East prior to the 1996-97 academic year. The conference did not begin supporting baseball until the 1991 season.
2022 Members & Year of Entry
- UAlbany Great Danes - 2001
- Hartford Hawks - 1985
- Maine Black Bears - 1979
- University of Massachusetts Lowell - 2013
- NJIT Highlanders - 2021
- Binghamton Bearcats - 2001
- UMBC Retrievers - 2003
- Stony Brook Seawolves - 2001
- Delaware Blue Hens - 1991-2001 left for Colonial Athletic Association
- Drexel Dragons - 1991-2001 left for the Colonial Athletic Association
- Hofstra Pride - 1994-2001 left for Colonial Athletic Association
- Towson Tigers - 1995-2001 left for Colonial Athletic Association
- Northeastern Huskies - 1979 - 2005 left for Colonial Athletic Association
- Boston University Terriers - 1979 - 2013 (Dropped Baseball)
In its pre-baseball days the conference also included University of Rhode Island, Holy Cross, Canisius College, Niagara University, Siena College, Central Connecticut State University and Colgate University.
* Stony Brook was ineligible for America East tournament in 2022.