Edwin M. Carfrey
- Bats unknown, Throws unknown
- Height 5' 8", Weight 158 lb.
- Debut April 19, 1890
- Final Game April 19, 1890
- Born July 28, 1863 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died October 2, 1921 in Philadelphia, PA USA
Ed played from 1883-1984 (and perhaps other years) for the "reputable and well-known Houston Baseball Club" of Chester, PA (per Sporting Life). He was affiliated from 1891-1892 with the amateur Athletic Club of Schuykill Navy. In the Nov. 27, 1897 issue of Sporting Life, it was said Carfrey was likely to be elected captain of the Media, PA team for the following season; it was not explicitly stated, but was implied that he had played for the team in 1897. The Wikipedia article about Carfrey (as seen on 07-28-19) states that Carfrey also played for the Houston Baseball Club in 1888, and for a different Chester club in 1884 called the Haymakers.