Freddy Ray Beene
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 160 lb.
- School Sam Houston State Teachers College
- High School Brazosport High School
- Debut September 18, 1968
- Final Game September 28, 1975
- Born November 24, 1942 in Angleton, TX USA
Fred Beene pitched seven years in the major leagues with a record of 12-7. His best year came with the New York Yankees in 1973 when he went 6-0 with a 1.68 ERA. He was the same age as Sam McDowell, his teammate that season. He also played for the Rochester Red Wings in the minors from 1966 to 1971, posting a 46-20 mark during that span. He went 15-7 with a 2.98 ERA in 31 games for the Red Wings in 1969. After his playing days, Beene coached for the Tidewater Tides in 1980 and then scouted for the Milwaukee Brewers for 20 years. He was inducted into the Rochester Red Wings Hall of Fame in 1991.