Garvin James Alston
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- School Florida International University
- High School Mount Vernon (NY) High School
- Debut June 6, 1996
- Final Game June 18, 1996
- Born December 8, 1971 in Mount Vernon, NY USA
Garvin Alston pitched in the majors for the Colorado Rockies in 1996, a team which played in a ballpark highly favorable to hitters - the team ERA was 5.60. In 6 games, all of them in June, he pitched 6 innings, and finished 4 games. Alston was drafted in the 10th round of the 1992 amateur draft, and was a starter in the minors from 1992 through part of 1994, when he became a reliever. His peak save total in the minors was 14 in Triple A ball in 1996.
He received his first major league coaching assignment in 2016 as bullpen coach of the Arizona Diamondbacks, but he stayed only one year. he then began 2017 as minor league pitching rehab coordinator for the San Diego Padres, but on June 19th, he was hired by the Oakland Athletics as their bullpen coach, replacing Scott Emerson who had been promoted to pitching coach. In 2018, he moved to the Minnesota Twins as pitching coach. Alston was scheduled to be pitching coach of the San Jose Giants in 2020 before the season was cancelled due to Covid-19.
- 2005-2006 Pitching coach Kane County Cougars
- 2007-2008 Pitching coach Stockton Ports
- 2009-2014 Pitching rehab coordinator Oakland Athletics
- 2012 Assistant pitching coach AZL Athletics
- 2015 Minor league pitching coordinator Oakland Athletics
- 2021-2022 Pitching coach Sacramento River Cats