Greggory William Olson
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 206 lb.
- School Auburn University
- High School Northwest High School (Omaha)
- Debut September 2, 1988
- Final Game June 22, 2001
- Born October 11, 1966 in Scribner, NE USA
Gregg Olson was 2-0 with 2 saves and a 3.53 ERA in 21 games for Team USA in 1987. He tied Cris Carpenter for the team lead with 69 strikeouts and his 51 IP were second to Carpenter. Carpenter's presence allowed Olson to join the rotation for the 1987 Pan American Games, when the US got a Silver. He was signed as a 1st round pick in the 1988 amateur draft by the Baltimore Orioles and scout Lamar North.
Olson was an announcer for the College World Series Greenville Super Regional in 2022.
- 1989 AL Rookie of the Year Award
- AL All-Star (1990)
- 30 Saves Seasons: 4 (1990-1992 & 1998)
|AL Rookie of the Year|
|Walt Weiss||Gregg Olson||Sandy Alomar|