Harry Taylor (tayloha05)
Harry Evans Taylor
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- School University of Tennessee Health Science Center, University of Texas at Austin
- High School Polytechnic High School (Fort Worth)
- Debut September 17, 1957
- Final Game September 24, 1957
- Born December 2, 1935 in San Angelo, TX USA
- Died January 24, 2013 in Fort Worth, TX USA
A Texas native, Taylor played college ball for the University of Texas and pitched in the 1957 College World Series. That June, he was signed by the A's. After going 4-7 in 15 games for the Little Rock Travelers, he earned a September call-up to Kansas City. He made his big league debut on September 17th, throwing 5 innings of relief against the Boston Red Sox, and overall, the 21-year-old rookie posted a 3.12 ERA in 2 appearances. He played several more years in the minors, but an elbow injury ended his career before he could make it back to the major leagues.
Following his baseball career, Taylor became an oral surgeon. He died in 2013 at age 77.