Homer Franklin Spragins
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 190 lb.
- School Mississippi State University
- Debut September 13, 1947
- Final Game September 21, 1947
- Born November 9, 1920 in Grenada, MS USA
- Died December 10, 2002 in Minter City, MS USA
Homer Spragins was a graduate of Mississippi State University in 1942 where he was a first baseman on the baseball team and also played basketball. He got into baseball when he responded to an advertisement in "The Sporting News" by the Memphis Chickashaws. He served in the Army Air Corps and was stationed at Elgin Air Force Base in Florida during World War II. He was switched to pitcher by the Philadelphia Phillies and appeared in 4 games for them in 1947. 
- Greenwood (MS) Commonwealth . December 13, 2002.