John Charles Hendricks
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11½", Weight 160 lb.
- School Butler University, North Central College
- Debut June 12, 1902
- Final Game September 28, 1903
- Born April 9, 1875 in Joliet, IL USA
- Died May 13, 1943 in Chicago, IL USA
Outfielder Jack Hendricks had cups of coffee in the majors in 1902 and 1903. After his playing days were done, he was manager of the the 1905-1907 Springfield Babes, 1908-1909 Fort Wayne Billikens, 1910-1913 Denver Grizzlies/Denver Bears, and Indianapolis Indians from 1914 to 1917. After serving as skipper of the St. Louis Cardinals in 1918, he returned to the helm of the Indians for five more years, from 1919 to 1923. Beginning in 1924, he was manager of the Cincinnati Reds, whom he led for six seasons before resigning. He later spent time as a scout.
|St. Louis Cardinals Manager
|Cincinnati Reds Manager