John Thomas Slattery
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 191 lb.
- School Tufts University, Boston College, St. John's College
- Debut September 28, 1901
- Final Game September 29, 1909
- Born January 6, 1878 in South Boston, MA USA
- Died July 17, 1949 in Boston, MA USA
He did not appear in the majors in 1900, but a note in Sporting Life in 1903 states that he had been signed in 1900 when Billy Sullivan was injured, and then was signed by a different team in 1903 when Sullivan, now playing for that team, got injured again.
In 1903 he was studying at Tufts Dental School. Years later, he coached baseball at Tufts.
|Boston Braves Manager
Year-By-Year Managerial Record
|1928||Boston Braves||National League||11-20||--||Boston Braves||replaced by Rogers Hornsby on May 25|
- Bill Nowlin: "Jack Slattery", in Bill Nowlin, Maurice Bouchard and Len Levin, eds.: New Century, New Team: The 1901 Boston Americans, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2013, pp. 154-157. ISBN 978-1-933599-58-8