Michael Jason LaRue
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 200 lb.
- School Northeast Texas Community College, Dallas Baptist University
- High School Smithson Valley High School
- Debut June 15, 1999
- Final Game August 3, 2010
- Born March 19, 1974 in Houston, TX USA
Jason LaRue was a significant contributor to the demise of the Kansas City Royals in 2007 as manager Buddy Bell insisted on rotating LaRue and his .148 batting average with the Royals' other catcher, John Buck, despite Buck's hot bat which produced the team-leading home run total. Buck hit .222 with a 90 OPS+, but it was much better than LaRue's 33 OPS+.
He was originally signed by scout Johnny Almaraz.