- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 192 lb.
- High School Girard College
- Debut May 1, 1884
- Final Game September 26, 1893
- Born August 8, 1861 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died August 29, 1923 in Philadelphia, PA USA
Jocko Milligan, who was born and died in Philadelphia, PA, played much of his ten-year major league career for Philadelphia teams. He was a good hitter in spite of playing catcher, a position at which players of the time took a beating due to the general lack of protective gear.
Milligan was orphaned at age eight. After graduating from Girard College, a school for orphans in Philadelphia, he was a blacksmith for five years, playing ball part-time. After baseball he was a sheriff's deputy in Philadelphia. Source: SABR biography of Milligan.
- AA Doubles Leader (1891)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 1 (1891)