Juan De Dios Encarnación
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 160 lb.
- High School Liceo Mercedes Maria Mateo
- Debut September 2, 1997
- Final Game August 30, 2007
- Born March 8, 1976 in Las Matas de Farfan, San Juan, D.R.
On Opening Day, 2005, Juan Encarnacion hit a 1st-inning grand slam to lead the Florida Marlins past the Atlanta Braves. His career ended as a result of a freak injury, taking a foul ball to the eye while standing on deck for the St. Louis Cardinals on the last day of August 2007.
In August 2021, he was arrested by police in the Dominican Republic, following a complaint by his wife, who claimed he had sexually assaulted their daughter in May of that year. He was jailed in the capital, Santo Domingo, until his trial.
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 1 (2002)
- Won two World Series with the Florida Marlins (2003) and the St. Louis Cardinals (2006)