Kenneth George Sanders
(Bulldog or Daffy)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 185 lb.
- School Saint Louis University
- High School Saint Louis University High School
- Debut August 6, 1964
- Final Game September 27, 1976
- Born July 8, 1941 in St. Louis, MO USA
Ken Sanders pitched 10 years in the majors. His career arc was that of a journeyman, spending no more than three years with any one of the several teams he saw time with. In 1971, while with the Milwaukee Brewers Sanders led the American League in games pitched with 83, earning a league-leading 31 saves and finishing 16th in MVP voting, even with his team finishing 69-92.
In later life, Sanders worked as a real estate consultant. In 2010, he oversaw the proposed sale of the field used in the film Field of Dreams.
- AL Reliever of the Year Award Winner (1971)
- AL Games Pitched Leader (1971)
- AL Saves Leader (1971)
- 30 Saves Seasons: 1 (1971)