Arthur Lee Guetterman
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 8", Weight 227 lb.
- School Liberty Baptist College
- High School Oceanside (CA) High School
- Debut September 12, 1984
- Final Game July 13, 1996
- Born November 22, 1958 in Chattanooga, TN USA
Lee Guetterman earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education while at Liberty Baptist College before making it to Major League Baseball.
A successful minor league pitcher, Lee was 5-1 with a 2.86 ERA before the Seattle Mariners called him up in 1987. He won his first five major league decisions in 1987, and by the All-Star break he was 8-1.
One of the more consistent relievers of his day, Guetterman started the 1989 season for the New York Yankees with a run of 30 2/3 innings without giving up a run - the highest total in 41 years. This streak was the longest ever by a reliever to start the season.
- "He gets the ball over and makes you beat him," - Billy Connors.