Matthew Lawton III
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 180 lb.
- School Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- High School Harrison Central High School (Gulfport)
- Debut September 5, 1995
- Final Game May 16, 2006
- Born November 3, 1971 in Gulfport, MS USA
Matt Lawton was suspended 10 games on November 3, 2005 for testing positive for steroids. He served his suspension at the start of the 2006 season. Unlike other players, Lawton did not appeal and was very apologetic and up front about his steroid use. He tested positive for a veterinary steroid often used with horses, Boldenone.
He is the brother of Marcus Lawton.
- 2-time AL All-Star (2000 & 2004)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 2 (1998 & 2004)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (2004)