Dominic Joseph Ryba
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½", Weight 195 lb.
- School Saint Francis University
- High School St. Adrian's High School
- Debut September 22, 1935
- Final Game August 29, 1946
- Born June 9, 1903 in De Lancey, PA USA
- Died December 13, 1971 in Brookline Station, MO USA
In 1933 Mike Ryba of the Springfield Cardinals won the Western League batting title (.380) and was tied for second in the circuit with 42 doubles. He made the WL's All-Star team at catcher. Two years later he was 20-8 with a 3.29 ERA for the Columbus Red Birds and in 1940 he was MVP of the International League for a 24-8, 2.94 season in which he led the IL in victories. In addition to pitching and catching, Ryba was a manager, ticket-seller and front office employee before he made it to the major leagues. Overall Mike was 183-106 in his professional career and twice drove in 115 or more runs.