Michael Joseph Shea
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 170 lb.
- Debut April 20, 1887
- Final Game April 26, 1887
- Born March 10, 1867 in New Orleans, LA USA
- Died August 22, 1927 in New Orleans, LA USA
Mike Shea pitched a couple of games in the majors with the Cincinnati Red Stockings at age 20 in 1887. As a hitter, he went 2-for-8. In the minors, he pitched and also played in the infield and outfield.
Mike was from New Orleans, LA, so it's not surprising that his minor league teams were all in the South.
Sporting Life in early April 1887 said Shea was "complaining" of a sore arm, but a week later said he was in excellent form in an exhibition outing.