Mike Stanton (stantmi01)
Michael Thomas Stanton
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 205 lb.
- School Miami Dade South Community College
- High School Santa Fe Catholic High School
- Debut July 9, 1975
- Final Game August 8, 1985
- Born September 25, 1952 in St. Louis, MO USA
Mike Stanton had one career hit. It came on September 17, 1975 as a member of the Houston Astros against the Cincinnati Reds. The pitcher was Fred Norman. Stanton did not pitch very well in the game, going 5 and 2/3 innings, giving up 10 hits, 5 earned runs, walking 3 and striking out 6. It was the second of his 3 major league starts; he was mostly a reliever. His best ERA over a whole season was 3.32 for the Seattle Mariners in 1983; that led all Mariners relievers that year, and was second on the team to Matt Young's 3.27.