Stade Fernand-Bédard

From BR Bullpen

The Stade Fernand-Bédard, formerly known as the Stade Municipal de Trois-Rivières, (Three Rivers Municipal Stadium in English), was built in 1938 as part of Exposition Park, which was a recreational complex in Trois-Rivières, QC. It was built during the Great Depression as part of a scheme for the unemployed to work on useful civic projects. The ballpark got a new name in 2002, after a former local baseball volunteer, but in 2017 it was renamed Stade Stéréo Plus after a corporate sponsor. The stadium was used by the Trois-Rivières Renards, Trois-Rivières Royals, Trois-Rivières Yankees and Trois-Rivières Phillies in the 1940s and 1950s, and the Trois-Rivières Aigles in the 1970s.

The ballpark was completely renovated in the early 2010s, and hosted a few Capitales de Québec games and amateur contests until a new edition of the Aigles was launched in 2013.

It was designed by the same architect as the Stade Municipal de Québec in Quebec, QC, and in fact the two ballparks were built using the same blueprints.