- Height 5' 10", Weight 200 lbs.
Phil Cuzzi began umpiring in the New York-Penn League in 1985, then moved to the South Atlantic League in 1986. He umpired his first major league game in 1991 in the National League, serving as a part-time major league umpire from 1991 to 1993. He returned to the major league staff to stay in 1999.
- Career Span 1991-1993, 1999-present
- Wild Card Game 2013
- Division Series 2003, 2004, 2009, 2012, 2015
- League Championship Series 2005, 2014
- World Series None
- All Star Games 2008
"People only know to hate us. We are a misunderstood group. People don't really know us, but to know us is to love us." - Phil Cuzzi
- Tom Larwin et. al.: "Observations of Umpires at Work", in The Baseball Research Journal, SABR, Volume 40, Number 1 (Spring 2011), pp. 77-87.