Ralph Stuart Young
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 5", Weight 165 lb.
- School Washington College
- Debut April 10, 1913
- Final Game September 29, 1922
- Born September 19, 1889 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died January 24, 1965 in Philadelphia, PA USA
Second baseman Ralph Young played nine years in the majors, getting over 3,600 at-bats. Although he was only 5 ' 5 " tall, he was a regular player every year except his first year when he appeared in seven games.
He was in the PCL for most of 1913 and in 1914.
The book Ty Cobb by Dan Holmes indicates that in 1917 baseball was in a patriotic mood and the Tigers did drills with their bats as if they were soldiers. Young, who was said to be a graduate of a military academy, became the drill instructor when the Sergeant who had been the instructor was called away to active duty.