Ricky Francis Steirer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 200 lb.
- School University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- High School Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
- Debut August 5, 1982
- Final Game September 24, 1984
- Born August 27, 1956 in Baltimore, MD USA
Rick Steirer pitched three years for the California Angels, getting into 30 games. In his best year, in 1982, the Angels won their division. At age 25, he was eleven years younger than teammates Reggie Jackson and Rod Carew, both of whom were 36.
He was given his first start on his birthday, August 27th - he was a surprise starter in place of Luis Tiant. He pitched well for 6 innings, but was pulled in the 7th after giving up hits to Dwight Evans and Carl Yastrzemski. Source: Plattsburgh N.Y. Press-Republican, Aug. 28, 1982. The Angels held on, giving Rick his first major league win.
He pitched nearly a decade in the minors, including several years in the Pacific Coast League.