Robert Arthur Ramsay
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 5", Weight 215 lb.
- School Washington State University
- High School Mountain View High School (Vancouver)
- Debut August 27, 1999
- Final Game September 30, 2000
- Born December 3, 1973 in Vancouver, WA USA
- Died August 4, 2016 in Coeur d'Alene, ID USA
Robert Ramsay was at Washington State University during the same years as Rob Ryan, and broke into the majors with the Seattle Mariners in the same year as Ryan, 1999. From 1996-2003 in the minors, Ramsay had a record of 46-38, including the 1998 season when he went 12-6 in the Eastern League.
After the 2001 season, he experienced terrible headaches and was very lethargic. Tests revealed he had glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The tumors were removed, which Ramsay wanted to "pin... up in my locker," but his comeback attempt was short-lived. He suffered from seizures the rest of his life, one of which claimed his life at the age of 42.