William Franklin Weir
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 8½", Weight 170 lb.
- School University of New Hampshire
- High School Melrose (MA) High School
- Debut June 25, 1936
- Final Game October 1, 1939
- Born February 25, 1911 in Portland, ME USA
- Died September 30, 1989 in Anaheim, CA USA
The lefthander was also in the minor leagues, pitching in 14 games with a 2-8 record for the Hartford Laurels of the Eastern League in 1938. In 1939 he went 7-11 in 23 games for the Toronto Maple Leafs of the International League.
Weir served in the United States Navy during World War II. He was an executive at AT&T for 27 years. He died on September 30, 1989 in Anaheim, CA, from congestive heart failure after suffering for years from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.