Walter Sanderson Manning
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 180 lb.
- Debut September 25, 1907
- Final Game August 22, 1910
- Born April 29, 1883 in Chambersburg, PA USA
- Died April 23, 1930 in Williamsport, PA USA
Walter "Rube" Manning pitched four years for the New York Highlanders, from 1907 to 1910. He never had a winning record, but then the team was under .500 from 1907-1909. In particular, when Manning went 13-16 in 1908, the team was 51-103. Jack Chesbro was 14-20 that year.
Manning won 20+ games in a season in the minors before he came to the majors, and then did it again after he left the majors. Perhaps his most impressive year, though, was in 1914 with Allentown of the Tri-State League when he was 17-2, for a team managed by John Castle.
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1908)