Russell Charles Meyer
(Rowdy or The Mad Monk)
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- School Western Illinois University
- High School LaSalle-Peru High School
- Debut September 13, 1946
- Final Game June 28, 1959
- Born October 25, 1923 in Peru, IL USA
- Died November 16, 1997 in Oglesby, IL USA
Russ Meyer missed the 1943 season due to military service.
Meyer coached at Illinois Valley Community College in 1980-1982 and joined the New York Yankees as a minor league pitching coach in 1981. He was pitching coach of the GCL Yankees (1982), the Oneonta Yankees (1983-1986), Fort Lauderdale Yankees (1987-1988), Albany-Colonie Yankees (1989-1990), and Columbus Clippers (1991). In 1992 Meyer was promoted to the majors where he spent the season as bench coach.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 2 (1949 & 1953)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1949 & 1952)
- Won a World Series with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1955