Sumpter Mills Clarke
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 170 lb.
- School The Citadel, University of South Carolina
- High School Estill High School
- Debut September 27, 1920
- Final Game September 19, 1924
- Born October 18, 1897 in Savannah, GA USA
- Died March 16, 1962 in Knoxville, TN USA
Brother of Rufe Clarke, Sumpter Clarke saw action in 37 big league games between 1920 and 1924, batting .227 with 17 runs scored. The bulk of his work came in 1924, playing 35 games with the Cleveland Indians. He played 31 games with the 1919 Baltimore Orioles and, in 1922, enjoyed a 33-game hitting streak for the Birmingham Barons.