Template:Today in Baseball/March 22
- 1886 - American Association president Denny McKnight is removed from his position over the handling of the Sam Barkley affair.
- 1972- The New York Yankees acquire Sparky Lyle in a steal of a trade from the Boston Red Sox, giving up Danny Cater.
- 1991 - A rare T206 Honus Wagner card is sold for $451,000, purchased in an auction by hockey star Wayne Gretzky and Los Angeles Kings owner Bruce McNall.
- 1993 - Steve Olin (pictured) and Tim Crews become the first active major leaguers to die in 14 years when their motorboat crashes. Bob Ojeda is badly injured but survives.
- 2017 - Team USA wins the 2017 World Baseball Classic, their first World Baseball Classic title, behind MVP Marcus Stroman's gem over Puerto Rico.