Template:Today in Baseball/October 30
- 1911 - Clark Griffith becomes manager of the Washington Senators. He will remain a presence in Washington baseball for the next 44 years.
- 1969 - The Hankyu Braves lose Game 3 of the 1969 Japan Series. Koji Okamura (pictured) of Hankyu is ejected, the first player ever thrown out of a Japan Series game.
- 1982 - The Seibu Lions crack three home runs - by Takuji Ota, Shinsaku Katahira and Terry Whitfield - to beat the Chunichi Dragons 9-4 in Game 6 to win the 1982 Japan Series.
- 1984 - Willie Hernandez of the Tigers wins the 1984 AL Cy Young Award, becoming just the third reliever to win the Award.
- 2002 - The Yomiuri Giants win their 20th Japan Series by sweeping the Seibu Lions. Daisuke Matsuzaka takes his second loss of the Series. Tomohiro Nioka is named Series MVP.