Thomas Lee Hottovy
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- School Wichita State University
- High School Park Hill South High School
- Debut June 3, 2011
- Final Game October 1, 2012
- Born July 9, 1981 in Kansas City, MO USA
Tommy Hottovy was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 4th round of the 2004 amateur draft. He was signed by scout Ernie Jacobs and made his pro debut that summer. He concluded his playing career in 2013.
Hottovy served as the Chicago Cubs Coordinator of Advanced Scouting and Run Prevention from 2015 to 2018. In 2019, he was named the team's pitching coach. In 2020, he was one of the figures around baseball to be infected by the COVID-19 virus. As he explained after recovering from the ordeal, he had six straight days of fevers above 100 degrees, had difficulty breathing due to pneumonia and lost 18 pounds when he was hospitalized in June. At 38 and in good health, he was not one of those most at risk for the disease, but was still hit pretty hard.
- Gabe Lacques: "'I got crushed': Chicago Cubs pitching coach Tommy Hottovy details harrowing COVID-19 battle", USA Today, July 1, 2020.