Willard Mitchell Hunter
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 180 lb.
- School Wake Forest University
- Debut April 16, 1962
- Final Game October 4, 1964
- Born March 8, 1934 in Newark, NJ USA
- Died February 3, 2021 in Omaha, NE USA
Poor Willard Hunter gave up 10 runs in his two-inning debut with the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1962. He had signed with the Dodgers in 1955, played with the Montreal Royals in 1960, and came up in 1962. He was a year younger than Johnny Podres and Maury Wills.
In 1963 he was with the Buffalo Bisons, going 10-5.
He came back to the Mets in 1964, going 3-3 on a team that lost 109 games. Two of those three victories were achieved on one day as he won both ends of a doubleheader against the Chicago Cubs, pitching in relief. He also had 5 saves that season.